Sun spots and beyond. But the steps to clear up uneven skin are the same!
1. Milk. Since the time of Cleopatra, milk has been treasured for its beauty benefits. Milk has mild bleaching properties that can help lighten spots, and acts as a gentle, natural exfoliator to help soften and smooth uneven skin. Use milk powder to make a paste or soak in a milk bath, whichever you prefer.
2. Oatmeal and Honey. Used together or separately, oatmeal and honey are tried and true solutions to uneven skin. Oatmeal is an exfoliator that helps clean your skin deeply. Honey is a moisturizer, helpful in minimizing acne scars and spots. Together, they do double duty. For best results, blend them into a paste and apply to your face for a few minutes. Rinse well and pat dry.
3. Baking soda. Baking soda works by gently scratching the surface of your skin, but don’t let that scare you. It’s such a gentle exfoliator that you come away with softer, smoother, more even skin. It’s particularly helpful in helping uneven skin caused by acne scars. Create a paste with baking soda and a few drops of water. Leave it on for two to three minutes. Then rinse using a gentle circular motion.
4. Sugar scrub. You may be working on eliminating sugar from your diet, but you don’t have to eliminate it from your beauty routine! To help with uneven skin, mix sugar with water until it becomes pasty, but not enough to dissolve the sugar. Add a few drops of coconut or olive oil. Massage the mixture very gently into your skin. Rinse well and pat dry. This particular scrub is good for knees and shoulders, as well!
5. Apple cider vinegar toner. You definitely know to clean your face. You probably know to moisturize afterwards. But not everyone knows that a toner in between can help really get pores clean deep down, tighten, and smooth out uneven skin tone. But you can make a toner at home! Just combine equal parts apple cider vinegar and water, and shake well. After you clean your face, smooth some on with a cotton ball before you moisturize. If you have really sensitive skin, change the measurements to one part apple cider vinegar and three parts water. You’ll get similar effects and not irritate you sensitive skin!
6. Lemon juice. Lemons lighten uneven skin, revealing a smooth, even complexion. You don’t even have to dilute it. Just squeeze fresh lemon juice and use a cotton ball to apply it. Rinse your face once the lemon juice has dried. And as an added benefit, the vitamin C in lemons is great for your skin, too.
7. Sunscreen. Sun exposure is one of the primary causes of uneven skin. And no matter how much your skin has endured, sunscreen is one of the easiest, most effective ways to prevent additional harm. But the best news? Regular use of sunscreen may help smooth skin and fade spots. Be sure to use an all-natural sun screen, too.
8. Hydrate. If you’re talking about overall skin health or repairing uneven skin, the single most important step you can take is to moisturize. From the inside, by drinking plenty of water, and from the outside, by using a moisturizer morning and night. The key is to find the right moisturizer. One like Lumivella that’s specially designed to keep skin hydrated and healthy while smoothing out uneven skin at the same time.
We understand that uneven skin can seem permanent – but it doesn’t have to be. Not with these easy steps, and Lumivella!