In talking with customers who are looking for pain relief solutions, it seems that most types of pain fall into one of 4 categories -- fibromyalgia, joint pain, migraines, and sore muscles. And because these are the issues you care about, they are the issues we care about. You gave us 4 painful concerns, so we came up with 3 pain relief solutions for each one!
How Can I Get
So little is understood about fibromyalgia, it’s hard to know exactly why something helps the pain. Still, many patients say these steps can help with pain relief…
- Light exercise keeps the body moving, and often eases the pain. Some slow walking, swimming, even a few stretches or gentle yoga have been reported to help.
- Lack of sleep due to pain can make you hurt worse – which keeps you up at night. Break the cycle with a melatonin supplement, and get a good night’s sleep.
- Sometimes, the pain requires a prescription. Find a doctor who will listen to you and respect you and your body.
What Makes Joints Stop Hurting?
Whether it’s arthritis, or just getting older, joint pain can be restrictive. Even if we feel up to moving, our bodies won’t always let us. Not only can it be painful, it can be disheartening. Here are some pain relief solutions that may help…
- Studies have shown topical pain relievers can be effective against joint pain, especially those with capsaicin or cayenne listed as an active ingredient.
- Glucosamine has been shown to ease joint pain, especially in cases not directly involving arthritis. Many people find it works best in conjunction with chondroitin.
- The ancient art of acupuncture is frequently used as an alternative, or complementary, medicine when dealing with joint pain. While many mainstream doctors are still skeptical, practitioners swear by its effects.
How Can I Make A Migraine Go Away?
Anyone who has ever had a migraine knows just how debilitating it can be. When one hits, all you want is for it to be over.
- Oral pain relievers seem to be the best pain relief solution for severe headaches. Most sufferers look for an over-the-counter drug that includes caffeine as an ingredient.
- Some people have found relief without medicine at all. If you can’t take medicine, or don’t have access to it, try a cold compress over your eyes and/or at the hairline on the back of your neck. For the most effective pain relief, stay away from light and loud noises, too.
- For some, only a prescription strength medication is strong enough to address their pain. In this case, speak with your doctor. Many medications can even prevent the onset of a migraine.
What Can I Do For Sore Muscles?
Sometimes, it’s a temporary situation. Sometimes, it’s a chronic condition. Either way, our muscles are not supposed to feel like this!
- This is another time when a topical pain reliever can be a helpful pain relief solution. Some products use capsaicin; some use menthol. Some products even offer both!
- It’s also a time when an oral pain reliever might work. Many over the counter medications, including ibuprofen and naproxen, claim to target sore muscles.
- Therapeutic massage can offer relief and relaxation, all in about an hour. Be sure to find a licensed massage therapist for the best results.
Unfortunately, there are no guarantees that any of these pain relief solutions will work on your specific pain. And be sure to talk to you doctor or health care provider before starting a new treatment, especially for a chronic condition. But don’t give up and don’t get discouraged. There are ways to relieve or manage your pain. And we’re right here with you, every step of the way.