That’s right – when it comes to preventing and minimizing wrinkles, researchers have known what to do for generations.
The key is to boost collagen production. It’s collagen production that keeps your skin smooth, plump, and wrinkle-free.
And when you’re younger, your body makes all of the collagen it needs.
As you age, collagen production slows down, just like so much else. But if you can boost collagen production, you can practically turn back the hands of time.
No shots, no fillers, no harsh chemicals. Just the natural collagen your skin has depended on your whole life. So start here –
1. Avocado oil. The best thing about avocado oil is you can use it topically, or in your favorite meals. Topically, you can use avocado oil as a lotion, in a bath, on its own, or combined with olive oil. The options are only as limited as your imagination. Or, you can boost collagen production internally, by adding it to salads, pastas, or even using it to sauté other foods. Either way, avocado oil stimulates the production of collagen and increases the ratio of collagen in the skin. It may even help reduce the appearance of age spots!
2. Berries. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, whatever kind of berry you love is the berry you should stock up on. Because berries bring a one-two punch against wrinkles. First, they rev up collagen production, THEN they fight free radical damage with their antioxidant power. And don’t forget frozen berries during winter. The flash frozen ones are just as healthy as fresh.
3. Citrus fruits. While we’re talking about fruit, remember citrus! It works like this: your body converts lysine and proline into collagen – and citrus fruits help make that happen. Plus, the oranges, grapefruit, lemons, and limes that you love are packed with anti-aging antioxidants.
4. Dark leafy greens. No offense to romaine lettuce, but when it comes to increasing collagen production, the darker the leafy green, the better. The vitamin C levels in dark greens prevent collagen breakdown, while the antioxidants help shore up against free radical attack.
5. Eggs. Protein…lysine…proline…even collagen itself. Eggs are a great source of practically everything your body needs to ramp up collagen production.
6. Fish, especially cold water fish. The omega-3 fatty acids in many fish help protect and plump skin cells, which is key to preventing wrinkles! Most people know to eat salmon for its omega-3s. Not a fan of salmon? Give tuna, mackerel or whitefish a try instead. Any of the cold water fish will have high levels of omega-3s.
7. Garlic. Sulfur is essential for collagen production – and garlic is an excellent source of sulfur! But it’s also a source of lipoic acid and taurine, both of which help rebuild broken and damaged collagen fibers.
8. Orange vegetables. It’s easy to stock up on green veggies, and completely skip the orange ones, but that would be a mistake if you’re hoping to increase collagen production. The high levels of vitamin A found in orange vegetables restores damaged collagen and aids in regeneration.
9. Red vegetables. Since you’re expanding your vegetable color wheel, be sure to grab some tomatoes, red peppers, and other red veggies. They’re carriers for lycopene, which protects the skin from sun damage, while at the same time, increasing collagen production.
10. White tea. Mix it up from your usual black or green teas, and grab a cup of white tea next time. It supports skin cell structure, specifically collagen, by interrupting the enzyme activity that causes collagen to break down in the first place.
11. Red light therapy. Not a food, but still a good trick to know when it comes to recharging collagen production – red light therapy can be done in the privacy of your own home. There are home devices that combine red and infrared lights to help with collagen production and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The devices helps nourish the skin and collagen, which in turn, plumps your complexion, keeping you younger looking.
12. Take Lumivella. That’s an impressive list, but it’s also a lot of food. Making healthy dietary choices is vital to boosting collagen and looking as good as you feel. But it’s also just not possible to get all of those foods, every day. But taking Lumivella, our specially designed anti-aging formula, every day is easy. With just two capsules, an hour before bedtime, you can rejuvenate your collagen production, get the beauty sleep you need to restore your skin, and wake looking your absolute best.
Collagen production may slow down, but that doesn’t mean you should.
Look your best today, tomorrow, and every day, with the right foods and Lumivella!