Because there’s no need to! Not when there are herbs that work just as well at relieving your pain.
Look no further to find the best herbs for easing your pain.
1. Aquamin. Some people shy away from the very first herb on the list because it’s sourced from seaweed. But it really is worth trying something a little exotic when it means getting one of the best herbs for pain relief. Aquamin has been shown to decrease arthritis pain by 20% when compared to the placebo. Maybe seaweed isn’t such a bad place to start after all.
2. Arnica. This topical pain reliever is created from a flower commonly known as the mountain daisy. But don’t let its humble origins fool you. It’s such a powerful pain killer that it’s often used post-surgery to bring relief.
3. Birch leaf. This is one of the best herbs for pain because it contains methyl salicylate, which is in the same family as the active ingredient in aspirin! And unlike aspirin, birch leaf also helps support your immune system, which eases pain in its own right.
4. Boswellia. Even though boswellia, or frankincense, doesn’t affect pain directly, it’s still one of the best herbs for pain relief because of what it does do. It supports a healthy inflammatory response, so that in turn can help reduce pain, especially joint pain.
5. Capsaicin. The source of heat in hot peppers, capsaicin is so effective at relieving pain it’s been approved by the FDA as an active ingredient in topical pain killers. The heat helps “distract” the body from the pain, while communicating with the nerve endings. Add the two together and you feel better.
6. Devil’s claw. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, devil’s claw is one of the best treatments for arthritis – but that’s not the only reason we consider it one of the best herbs for pain. It also helps with headaches and back pain.
7. Ginger. While technically not an herb, this all-natural pain reliever still belongs on a list of best herbs for pain because it is so very powerful. Real ginger can reduce pain by up to 25%! Grate it into a cup of boiling water, let it steep, and add some honey for taste and you’ve got a delicious, pain-relieving tea.
8. Peppermint. Although peppermint is primarily known for its ability to soothe the stomach, it can also soothe your pain. For joints, headaches, and muscle pain, peppermint is definitely one of your best herbs!
9. Thunder God vine. With a name this impressive, the herb had better deliver – and it does. It’s one of the first known herbs in ancient Chinese medicine. Using thunder god vine topically can help promote a healthy inflammatory response that helps ease pain wherever it’s occurring.
10. Turmeric. The Indian spice contains a compound called curcumin, and that’s what makes turmeric one of the best herbs for pain relief. The curcumin helps to reduce the build-up of an enzyme that actually causes pain. Reduce the enzyme, reduce the pain.
11. Willow bark. If your back hurts, one of the best herbs is willow bark. It’s been a valued pain killer since the times of the ancient Greeks. But don’t feel you can only use it for back pain! Its active compound gets turned into salicylic acid by the body – the same ingredient in aspirin – so willow bark works for any kind of pain.
As effective as these all are against pain, finding them can be a challenge depending on where you live. And it’s important to think about dosages, even with natural ingredients. Some of them have to get through your system, or build up cumulatively.
Which is why it’s a good idea to always have a back-up on hand. A pain reliever that will go to work in seconds and relieve pain almost immediately. A back-up like Soothanol X2.
Soothanol X2 is natural. It’s made with menthol from the mint family and capsaicin, two of the best herbs on this list. And because it’s a topical pain reliever, you don’t have to wait for it to make its way through your system before it starts to work.
These are the best herbs for pain relief and for maintaining your healthy lifestyle. Soothanol X2 is your best back-up plan. For fast, easy, natural pain relief, it’s the best herbs – and Soothanol X2.