Hey, you know those fillings you got – the “silver” ones with the mercury in them that they SWORE up and down were totally safe?
Yeah, THOSE fillings…
Well, my friend, the FDA just issued a startling confession. They just admitted that they were WRONG about those fillings.
They’re NOT safe for millions of Americans, especially older folks.
And by the time you’re done reading this… you might be ready to grab the pliers and yank your own teeth out!
But don’t call the Tooth Fairy for an unscheduled stop just yet… because you’re NOT necessarily stuck with this risk.
FDA warns against mercury in fillings
The new warning covers “amalgam” fillings… better known as “silver” fillings… but are really mercury mixed with silver, tin, and/or copper.
For generations, the mainstream INSISTED that a little mercury in your mouth is just fine.
It’s supposedly “stable”… and only sits in the tooth… and never ever causes a problem.
What’s a little mercury between teeth, right???
Except… the FDA is now warning that’s NOT the case for everyone.
As if they JUST figured this out!
They now admit that, over time, you can be exposed to a little mercury “vapor” coming off the tooth – and since it’s already in your mouth, you’re INHALING mercury vapor with every breath you take.
Oh, and if you GRIND your teeth… which, let’s face it, EVERYBODY is doing here in 2020… you’re getting even more.
Mercury is toxic is to pretty much everything that matters inside your body.
It can DAMAGE your nervous, digestive and immune systems… and WRECK your vision.
It could lead to WEIRD skin problems… and MESS with organs such as the lungs and kidneys.
So… who’s at risk?
The FDA says it’s only – and I quote – “certain high-risk individuals,” which makes it sound like a handful of people here and there.
But the list is ACTUALLY so long… you have to wonder who’s left out!
This warning covers:
- pregnant women and those who hope to become pregnant
- nursing moms and their babes
- children under 6
- people with neurological diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, MS, etc.)
- people with impaired kidney function
- people sensitive to mercury (ummm, isn’t that, like, EVERYONE???)
It doesn’t mention seniors specifically…
But nearly EVERY older American has some degree of kidney impairment… and HALF of folks over 75 have full-blown kidney disease.
And here’s the thing about that…
Most kidney impairment and even early-stage kidney disease are undiagnosed…
So you could have it right now and not know it.
Basically, if you’re a little older, just ASSUME you’re a “certain high-risk individual.” Heck, even if you’re NOT older… you’re probably at the very least “sensitive to mercury.”
And this is just ONE risk of modern oral “care.”
There’s also the brain-rotting, bone-cracking fluoride found in most of the toothpastes and rinses out there (and also in drinking water)…
And many dental sealants use the dangerous hormone-disrupting chemical BPA… which, as I shared with you recently, is even MORE poisonous than we thought!
At some point, they might have to declare your mouth a toxic waste superfund site!
Some dentists have had enough of all this… and not only REFUSE to work with mercury but offer safe replacements with resin-based composite.
If you want some SAFER dental work, look up the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology and see if they have a specialist near you.
In Your Corner,
Dr. Allan Spreen
P.S. Keep your eye out for tomorrow afternoon’s eAlert from my friend and HSI colleague Melissa Young. She’ll have a sneak preview of our new protocol – one that could spice up your life so much, it’ll make you BLUSH!