It’s enough to make a man decide to put up with a slow sex life instead.
1. Ask about your other medications. Most people don’t consider a lagging libido as a medical side effect, but several common medications can dampen your drive. If you’re on other medications, be sure to ask your doctor or pharmacist about possible side effects. Especially if your lack of interest coincided with a new prescription.
2. Use a lubricant. As women age, dryness can become an issue. And dryness can lead to painful sex, which isn’t a good time for either of you. Don’t take it personally, though. It’s a physical, not emotional, reaction. Find a lubricant she likes and look forward to making love again.
3. Get some rest. Think about when you’re tired – you have no energy, you’re not interested in much, you’re irritable and unenthusiastic. None of that is conducive to a satisfying sex life. So make sure you’re getting the sleep you need. Go to bed earlier, or set your alarm later. However if you can work more sleep into your schedule, do so. Your libido will thank you.
4. Have date nights. A date accomplishes two very important things. First, it’s a way for the two of you to connect over something you both enjoy. But just as importantly, making more of an effort than moving to the couch and picking up the remote makes you more likely to want to do more than watch television in the evenings. And while it can be as elaborate as dinner and a show, it can also be as simple as heading to the bookstore, buying a tea, and wandering the stacks together. The key is to make an effort to do something that will bring you together.
5. Work sex into the schedule. If the problem is you aren’t ever in the mood, waiting until you’re in the mood certainly won’t help. Instead, schedule sex out a few days. Give yourself a chance to think about it, anticipate it, and look forward to it. Flirt with each other leading up to it. By the time your “appointment” arrives, you’ll be more than ready. And if you’re still not? Have sex anyway. In many ways, your libido is a use-it-or-lose it response. But the very act of having sex is often enough to rekindle those flames.
6. Relax. Life is stressful. By the end of the day, when many people are deciding about sex, that stress has taken its toll. The last thing you want is to say yes to anything intimate. Instead of rejecting the idea out of hand, though, take a minute and a deep breath. Find a way to relax. Take a hot, soaking bath. Pour a glass of wine. Whatever works to relax you, because if it relaxes you, it will boost your libido.
7. Take it to the kitchen. No, we don’t mean have sex on the counters (although…). But aphrodisiacs aren’t just old wives’ tales. Figs, avocados, oysters, and chocolates all have reputations for being sexy foods. And, of course, there are drinks, too. A glass or two of wine, especially red wine, really can help you get in the mood, as well as help you relax. Just be sure to hold it at a glass or two, because more than that can become counterproductive. Instead, drink Argi-Vive III, the male performance drink with everything you need to boost your libido! The specially designed formula will make you proud to drink pink!
A lagging libido may be a natural part of aging, but it doesn’t have to be an inevitable or permanent one.
There are easy, everyday things you can do to boost your sex drive and get the romance back in your relationship.
A little time, a little effort, and a little Argi-Vive III, and you’ll both be looking forward to nights in again.