And when it hits, you feel like you’re the only one who’s ever experienced anything like it.
However, it’s incredibly common, and luckily, it’s easy to manage.
1. Go back to natural sugars. While you definitely need to watch how much added sugar you eat, that’s not permission to eat artificial sweeteners. Along with all the health problems they cause, artificial sweeteners also cause gas and bloating. They’re made of chemicals that the digestive system can’t break down. Plus, they may increase your appetite so you eat more, which can also lead to bloat.
2. Take ten. Yes, a good 30-60 minute exercise routine is essential to good health and proper digestion, but sometimes it only takes ten minutes to eliminate bloat. If you’re uncomfortable after a big meal, go for a ten minute power walk. That quick walk will help the bloat, causing gas bubbles to move through your system faster. The couch may be tempting, but getting moving will help eliminate bloat.
3. Watch your salt intake. The fluid retention that comes when you eat too much salt is completely different from being well-hydrated. The fluid from salt is one of the most common causes of bloating and gas. So cut back on how much salt you eat (both that you add to dishes and that’s already in dishes) by seasoning with herbs and other seasonings. On days you do eat too much salt, eating water-based foods, like watermelon, and potassium-laden foods, like bananas and melon, can eliminate bloating caused by sodium intake.
4. Cut out club soda. Club soda is an excellent choice for health and hydration – but not for eliminating bloat. The bubbles can build up in your stomach, and that can lead to digestive distress. It’s still better than regular and diet sodas, but if you’re having problems with bloating and gas, reach for other drinks instead. Several different kinds of tea – peppermint, green, and chamomile – can help hydrate while helping eliminate bloating.
5. Start the day right. Waking up to a glass of water instead of immediately reaching for the coffee is a good idea for several reasons. And if you add a squeeze of lemon to that water, one of the reasons it can be good for you is it eliminates bloating. It becomes a natural diuretic, wakes up your digestive tract, AND helps with water retention.
6. Keep your gut in check. Nothing can cause bloating and gas faster than an unhealthy gut. The balance of healthy bacteria in your digestive system is key to overall health, tummy health, and yes, eliminating bloating and gas. You just have to know how to maintain the healthy balance. Antibiotics can kill the healthy germs you need, as well as the unhealthy ones, you’re targeting, so use antibiotics judiciously. But probiotics feed and nourish the healthy bacteria. So eat yogurt and other probiotic foods like yogurt in order to maintain your gut health and eliminate bloating.
7. Stop chewing gum. Using gum to make sure you aren’t snacking may be a good idea to keep from over-eating, but not if you’re looking to eliminate bloating. When you chew gum, you swallow air. That air gets caught in your stomach and digestive system – and that makes you feel bloated.
8. Skip the fried foods. There are so many reasons to cut fried foods out of your diet. Here’s one more – they can cause bloating and gas. And not just because people tend to eat too much of them. Fatty, fried foods are more difficult to digest. The more difficult a food is to digest, the more likely it is to cause gas and bloating. Eliminate the fried foods and eliminate the bloating.
9. Get the right type of fiber. Here’s what makes fiber difficult when it comes to gas and bloating – too much fiber will give you gas and bloating, but not enough fiber will also give you gas and bloating. So what are you supposed to do? Find the right fiber balance. Getting soluble fiber and insoluble fiber will keep your regular without giving you diarrhea, will fill you up while eliminating bloating and gas. Rather than guess at your fiber intake, reach for BenVia Gold. BenVia Gold has both types of fiber, in perfect balance, so your tummy stays in perfect balance, too!
Don’t live with discomfort, or embarrassment! Eliminate bloating and gas – easily – with a few easy changes and BenVia Gold.