Which doesn’t make sense because wrinkles and sags aren’t the only skin issues you deal with as you age.
At some point, most people are going to look in the mirror and see something…different. It’s hard to identify what’s changed at first.
There are no new wrinkles. Nothing’s sagging more. But your skin seems duller. Gray. Flat. It’s not your imagination. Your skin does lose its glow the older you get.
And that’s why you need dull skin remedies, as well as wrinkle reducers and other anti-aging suggestions.
Luckily, there are dull skin remedies. Ways to counter the dullness and reclaim your youthful glow. And many of them have been around for centuries…
Masks and Scrubs
1. Coconut oil. While loved for centuries, coconut oil is only now becoming recognized as a mainstream dull skin remedy. When skin cells die, they become dull and lifeless. Coconut oil helps promote new skin cells, so that your face glows. Use it solo as a moisturizer, or combine it with honey for a fifteen minute face mask.
2. Honey and oats. The truth is that you can combine honey with just about any of the dull skin remedies in this list and boost their benefits. It’s because honey is an antiseptic, as well as an antioxidant. It may even help reduce swelling and puffiness! For this mask, simply combine two tablespoons honey, three tablespoons powered oats, and an egg yolk. Apply the paste to your face and leave for fifteen minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
3. Milk. Perhaps the best known of the ancient dull skin remedies, Cleopatra was renowned for her milk baths. You can retain your glowing skin without a full bath, however. Simply mix ¼ dry milk powder with just enough water to form a paste. Spread on your face, and let it dry. Rinse with warm water.
4. Strawberries and honey. Another great dull skin remedy that includes honey, you’ll want to mash up fresh strawberries to go with a few drops of honey. The antioxidants in this combination will banish dullness. Apply a thick layer to your face and leave for twenty minutes. Rinse with cool water.
5. Sugar scrub. Even if you’re trying to eat less sugar, you can still reap the benefits from a sugar scrub! It exfoliates without harsh chemicals – and it’s easy. Stir together one tablespoon of brown sugar and one tablespoon of white sugar. Add just enough water for a paste. Rub over your face, using a circular motion. It will remove the dead, dull skin, leaving glowing, beautiful skin behind. Wash your face as usual.
6. Vinegar. According to legend, Helen of Troy – the face that launched 1000 ships – used vinegar to tighten her skin and keep it bright. Stir one cup apple cider vinegar into one cup of clean water. After you’ve washed your face, apply the solution with a cotton ball and let dry. Who needs a store-bought toner?
7. Yogurt. The same milk proteins that make milk an effective dull skin remedy make yogurt one, too. Take plain yogurt – you don’t want flavors or fruit on the bottom for this – and coat your face with it. Let it stand for twenty minutes, then rinse.
Healthy Habits to Do Away with Dullness
Masks and scrubs can only do so much. Modern women can follow in the steps of their ancestors – and embrace what we’ve learned in the years since!
8. Clean your face. Every single night. The most important thing you can do to keep your face and skin looking younger is to wash the day off before bed.
9. Exercise. Working out isn’t just good for your heart and your waistline. It’s also an excellent dull skin remedy! Working up a sweat rinses out toxins and pollutants that have built up, making you look older than necessary.
10. Exfoliate. The purpose of at least two of the above dull skin remedies is exfoliation. Don’t skip them just because you prefer another option. Exfoliation is key to beautiful skin because it clears away the dead, dull skin that’s giving you a flat complexion and allows new, younger looking skin to shine through. Choose an exfoliating dull skin remedy at least once a week.
11. Hydrate. Hydrated skin is healthy skin, and healthy skin is beautiful skin. It’s really not hard. Drink plenty of fluids, and love what you see in the mirror.
12. Moisturize. If cleaning is the most important thing you can do for your face, moisturizing is the second. Luckily, most of the dull skin remedies here will leave you with soft, supple, moisturized skin. Even if these masks take too long for daily use, find a good moisturizer and use it at least twice a day.
13. Sleep. Your body uses the time when you’re asleep to restore and rejuvenate dry, dull skin. Make sure it has the time by getting the sleep you need. Aim for seven to eight hours per night, every night.
14. Supplement. Work from the outside in to keep your skin looking gorgeous by taking a supplement that’s specifically designed to help do away with dullness – Lumivella, our anti-aging supplement that works all day, and all night, to keep you looking your very best for years to come.
Just because you’re getting older doesn’t mean you have to get gray and lifeless. Love how you look again, with these dull skin remedies!